[dba-VB] Click-Once setup...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Apr 3 05:44:41 CDT 2009

> How/where did you obtain a code signing certificate?

Hi Gustav,

I do not remember :)

It was a set of hectic steps and glancing through Click-ONCE MSDN online docs and MMC help which finally resulted I have got such a certificate (I guess it's only valid for testing purposes not for software to sell/distribute - for the latter certificates should be purchased I believe) - I will try to reproduce the steps to obtain certificate now, and then I will publish description here...

P.S. Here is a short transcript of the mentioned above "hectic steps" - just an idea:

- Start -> Search -> MMC
- start MMC
- add Certificates management snap-in
- in snap-in:
    Certificates Current User->Personal->Certificates->
      Right-Click->Advanced Operations...->Create Custom Request

Follow wizard steps to get certificate generated.
Get certificate generated for you.
On certificate entry: right-click -> Export
Certificates - Current User ->
    Trusted Root Certification Authorities -> Certificates -> All Tasks -> Import
VS Project Entry -> Right-Click -> Signing -> Sign the Click-Once-Manifest -> Select From Store...