[dba-VB] SCRUM: Check out

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Apr 3 05:55:47 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav,

Yes, I see this LOck feature in Visual SVN but will that help to resolve conflicts or not - I'm not sure about that:

- imagine you  get lock on a form, make the changes and then commit them and
- somebody else does make the changes for their local version of form (version of code you started with ) and then commits the changes after your commits.

Do you expect SVN server will be able to properly merge such updates of the source code? (source code will get lines' inserts/updates/deletes in several places of several files when somebody edits a form in design mode). Am I missing something?

We should probably try how it works? - for that trial we have to have to create a test form and to have an online chat (MS Messenger, GoogleTalk, Skype ?) and do chat and do locks, edits, commits, updates to see what happens locally and on server side...