[dba-VB] C# - Direct data manipulation

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Dec 3 05:29:49 CST 2009

Hi John --

OK. Don't break it with implementation of other approaches if it works...

Just for the future projects - I suppose (I might be missing something as I
do not have that experience but I plan to try, maybe within our
Northwind.NET project) this partitioning stuff is just practical for the
tasks as you do (similar stuff was available for non-relational DBMSs in the
end of 70-es/beginning of 80ies, and for Oracle it's available for years now
AFAIHH), and this stuff doesn't take that much time to learn (one day?)  and
use (a few short reusable T-SQL scripts?) that it would  take to program and
to test and to support dynamic T-SQ: for many SPs and UDFs...