[dba-VB] Why are my data Context Objects soooo sloooow

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 08:34:16 CST 2009

Hello Shamil,

In VS2008, when I create a folder in app_Code, and then create a new Linq to
SQL Class is it assigned the extention of dbml, default name is
DataClasses.dbml

It is these classes that are sooo slooow to do anything with.  I timed the
time it takes to just click create, drop a table onto the design surface,
and then click save.  It is taking 4 minutes to do that, so when I needed 20
- 25 objects or so, I have to sit like a donkey and click for almost two
hours.

It still takes four minutes to open and edit one.

A PITA for sure.

If I open the class as a standalone file, I can operate with
instant performance, but it does not play well with the project/ solution.

I have to say, I wish I knew more about these data classes and how they
really should be used in real world applications.

Thanks

Mark