[dba-VB] Application settings

Mike Mattys mmattys at rochester.rr.com
Mon Dec 7 10:57:22 CST 2009

My understanding of Properties.Settings is that settings must be by User
in order to be saved and the xml file will reside in the Local
Setting/Applications
directory under the user's My Documents folder.

In that case, all projects under a solution could read a single xml file.

We decided to use cryptographic services for the i/o of the xml by
using an internal static class that reads/writes to a string collection
using methods we created like bof, eof, movefirst, addnew, etc.

-
Michael R Mattys
MapPoint and Database Dev
www.mattysconsulting.com