[dba-VB] Application settings

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Dec 7 13:54:55 CST 2009

Hi John --

For solution you can select one of the projects to be used to handle
settings.
That project is usually a core(utility/generic/settings) class library.
Then if you wish you can additionally wrap

Properties.Settings.Default...

for every/most of the settings into your custom global (Solution scope)
properties' wrappers. Such wrapping makes your referencing projects
independent on actual implementation of handling of application settings.
When that done and works OK you can go and "reinvent the wheel" if needed
without any changes in referencing projects...