[dba-VB] Syslogs

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Jun 29 11:57:45 CDT 2009

 > What I am getting at is, why not just send it to everyone?   Why cherry-pick individuals?

This is an attempt to avoid the timer.  I hate timers, though I use them in a server application.
In a user application they cause screen blinking and also cause compile errors for the developer if
the timer tries to execute code while you are typing in code.

If I know the IP address of every PC that has an application running, I can send a message to just
those PCs.  But I have to know their IP addresses.

If you are going to communicate through a table then this kind of code is unnecessary, but then a
timer has to poll for messages in the table.  YUK.