[dba-VB] Syslogs

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:09:38 CDT 2009

Yes, you are correct.

But your options are (assuming you are going with the access table method)
is:

a. you can identity 1 or more individuals via the user table and/or see who
is logged in,  or ALL.
b. you can determine the timer frequency to avoid the problems you describe.
c. you can change the timer frequency programmatically if you need to send a
FLASH message and then turn it back to "normal speed" after.
d. you don't need to know any IP addresses or indeed any LAN info at all.
e. It all happens within Access under your program control.
f. User can respond, forward, take action etc.
g. you can check your Outline Emails.
h. you can call up any Office (or other) app, Word, excel etc (you know all
this anyway)
z. oh, and anything else that Access is capable of...the world (access
world, that is) is your oyster (or lobster, if you follow Alan's youtube)

Max