[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind .NET Product Bac kLog Planning Game...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 17 12:15:15 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil

That is perfectly OK for me.

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 17-03-2009 18:02 >>>

Hi SCRUM team at all,

I have got ProductBacklog items estimations from Mike, Gustav, John and myself.

I'm waiting for estimations to come from Doug. He has just informed me he has important private events today, and it may happen he will not have time to make his estimations.

What we can do now? I'd propose to wait for Doug's estimations to come, and meanwhile start constructive discussion how we can get this project developed in context when we have different .NET experience but taking into account that most of the work to do is simple for experienced developers(whatever modern developmen tools they use) mainly design and almost no coding work. At least it looks so from here (as shown in some samples I have posted already on MS Live dba-VB Group's SkyDrive).

I'd expect that adding some simple introductory tutorials consisting mainly from screenshots we should be able to get the team members beginning their .NET development practice skilled enough to develop any NorthWind .NET form or report...

I suppose we plan develop *not* "industry strong" .NET application in this project but a sample .NET Winform desktop application. When that done we can go further... where? we will decide as we proceed...

When I will get estimations from Doug I plan to post all of our estimations here - is that OK with you?
I must say the current estimations do differ considerably therefore there is some work to do in coordinating them.
In SCRUM four hours are usually spent for the ProductBackLog initial planning: I'd propose to "spread" these four hours within this week discussion IOW no still real C# development within this week but discussing ProductBacklog and planning first SCRUM Sprint and related issues, and starting real development next Monday - OK?