[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind .NET Product Bac kLog Planning Game...

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Mar 18 06:57:42 CDT 2009

Hi Shamil

I tend to agree. Both Bazaar and LaunchPad look clever but seem to require some effort to set up and test.
CodePlex seems, however, to work with Visual Studio though not the Express version, thus neither is this worth the efforts:

http://codeplex.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Obtaining%20the%20Team%20Explorer%20Client&referringTitle=Using%20CodePlex%20without%20VS-TFS

/gustav

>>> Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru> 17-03-2009 23:19 >>>

Hi Mike and SCRUM team,

If BAZAAR needs Python interpreter I'd not use it (at least now as we all need to learn a lot of new stuff) - on first glance I understood BAZZAR can be used locally by running command line utilites  but for those utilities simple batch files should be possible to create (e.g. I used CVS this way), and if used via Lauchpad then somehow via web interface with upload/download and again coordinate locally using command line utils via .bat files...

Let's not tie ourselves with Python if BAZAAR needs it? Although if Python interpreter and Bazaar installation is as simple as unzipping some files and setting some runtime environment variables then why not try to use them?

Source control is desirable as it sets some boundaries to keep code well organized but in fact I suppose we can work without any source control system for this first project as there shoudln't be that much source files in it to share...