[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind .NET Product BackLog Planning Game...

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 06:43:20 CDT 2009

Hello Shamil,
As a member of a four person team a couple of years ago, we had some issues
with source control.  At the time, there was pressure to start work on the
project so we neglected the issue of centralized source control.   It became
a major issue to the project and was one of the reasons why the project was
only a limited success.  Four years later, it still remains difficult to get
access to the code on that project.

If we can iron on the centralized source control now, and make it seamless,
I believe that it would be the best choice.

FYI.  We tried three different systems / storage locations, what we found on
our project was that some aspects worked better for some sites, (we had US,
Ireland and Germany).  The German guys really loved their solution but of
course they had LAN access to the server.  The US guys were happy enough
with the German solution but it was slow.  But the Irish guys had some
routing problems that meant that it took 30 mins to check out a small
solution.  ----  The point being here that the chosen solution must work
well for all team members.

My personal opinion is also that if source control is quick and fast, it
becomes second nature and is not an obstacle to smooth work, what ever
architecture we choose should be practiced a few times by all team members
so that we can all check in and out quickly and without fear in our hearts.

Mark

2009/3/17 Salakhetdinov Shamil <mcp2004 at mail.ru>- Hide quoted text -