[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind Conversion Project

Mark Breen marklbreen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:16:19 CDT 2009

Hello Scrum Team,

I will just add here additional comment.  As you can see, Shamil has
highlighted that you can purchase a Visual Studio integrated tool for
subversion.  but let me just note that you do not need to use this
integrated tool.
You can get started with what we have here, for free, if you enjoy working
with the source code control, then you can always spend money to make it
even more streamlined, but until you try out the concept, you do not need to
spend anything.

Just my short note.

Remember, with SCCS (Source Code Control Software), you can always retreive
a revision from six revisions ago, imagine being able to go back and get the
code you had last sat between 16:00 and 18:00.

One final note, just in case the obvious is not so obvious, you can also use
SCCS to store recipies for cookies, or your latest business plan, or the
packing list for the holidays, or you entire my documents directory.  IOW,
SCCS, does not have to be just a programmers tool.  But please do not upload
you entire my docs to this server :)

thanks

Mark