[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind Conversion Project

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Tue Mar 24 05:16:36 CDT 2009

Hello Mark and SCRUM Team,

Thank you Mark for updated ProductBacklog.

<<<
 if I am not behaving as ideal product owner

We're not looking for an ideal ProductOwner - just for a perfect one :) And you're perfect currently in this role. I suppose the SCRUM team will agree. :)

Based on your SCRUM Sprint planning I have made first form CategoriesForm, SwitchBoard form was done yesterday - so far I have got 5 hours plan for this week fulfilled with quite some time left. And I plan to spend that time to answer the questions/make "How Tos" to help SCRUM team members starting their .NET Framework development practice. Please ask your questions, any questions, plase question everything I have done so far in the current version of our solution, which is currently committed to our SVN server, and also zipped and uploaded to MS Live dba-VB SkyDrive folder:

dba-VB > SkyDrive > Documents > NorthWind.NET > Conversion Project

Note: I didn't try to make the currently committed designs/code perfect - just good enough for our ProductOwner to test, and accept or reject 'DONE' status with comments/remarks what to do additionally to have them definitely 'DONE'.

I'd propose to start working on the following forms first of all:

- customers	2
- products	3
- suppliers	2
-----------------------
- employees     3
- orders	3

with first three being relatively simple and therefore being the best candidates to be developed by SCRUM team members starting with .NET and the last two ones being more complicated - I'd propose select one of them to be developed by Gustav (OK Gustav?), and I will make another one within this week. We will probably do some more forms done/started during this week - and then we will be OK with our progress...

Note: I have moved XL product backlog/planning workbook into \!Documents subfolder of \Northwind.NET.FE folder/project because having it under the root folder was somehow not good for Visual Studio.

If you tried to build and run yesterday version you could have had the following message in the Output window of Visual Studio:

Compile complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets(2525,9): error MSB3021: Unable to copy file "obj\Debug\Northwind.NET.FE.exe" to "..\Bin\Northwind.NET.FE.exe". The process cannot access the file '..\Bin\Northwind.NET.FE.exe' because it is being used by another process.
Done building project "Northwind.NET.FE.csproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

it it's fixed now by adding:

            GC.Collect();
            System.Environment.Exit(0);

to FormClosed event of SwitchBoard form.