[dba-VB] SCRUM: Northwind Conversion Project

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 24 06:21:45 CDT 2009

Hi Mark

No server at me. I installed the Tortoise SVN client and connected successfully to the server you so kindly have provided using the credentials you posted. Then I synced and received a bunch of folders (for SVN I guess) and one readme file, but no project files - will have to look into that later.

I also installed the trial of the visual client for VS, and if that works well I plan to spend the few bucks for it and install my own SVN server.

/gustav

>>> marklbreen at gmail.com 24-03-2009 11:54 >>>
Hello All,
>Thanks to Mark for being so detailed.
As always in my live, I feel guilty for not being detailed / thorough
enough.  Does anyone here in this list ever feel that they contribute enough
to their customer / family / supplier / community / mailing list of choice.
 I certainly never feel I do.

Gustav, If I understand your email below correctly, you have successfully
installed a SVN server and are able to use is with a client to check in and
out code locally for yourself.  If this is what you did, then you did it the
same as me, then I just created a second server on a machine that is
currently in a data centre with a good connection.  Glad to here is went
well for you, I have to admit that I spent not much more than 60 minutes on
this SCCS stuff.  But I also have to admint that I find is appealing - not
sure why.

Mark