[dba-VB] What to do, what to do?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat Nov 14 10:28:14 CST 2009

And believe me I look forward to the day.  And it will indeed be soon, of course the data sets get
bigger as well.  ;)

I already have 16 gigs of RAM in my servers, and quad cores.  I could easily have 64 gigs and 16
CPUs today if I had the bucks.

And of course you are correct as well, the Flash drives are wicked fast for working with large data
sets.  They still have real issues when writing to them bot for reading they are an order of
magnitude faster than rotating media.