[dba-VB] VS2010: Dependency Injection (DI), The Microsoft Extensibility Framework (MEF)

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 23 11:02:26 CDT 2009

Hi all

<quote>
Dependency Injection (DI) is a technique that includes a set of well-known design patterns, and most existing DI Containers operate within the boundaries of these patterns. The Microsoft Extensibility Framework (MEF) - which is a part of .NET 4.0 - has many similarities with DI Containers, although there are differences. This session dives into the relationship between MEF and the existing DI patterns to better understand what MEF is - and is not.
</quote>

Could someone please indicate what this is about and/or provide a link to some tutorial on the subject?
Should I attend this 2½ hour session at my local user group?