[dba-VB] VS2010: Dependency Injection (DI), The Microsoft Extensibility Framework (MEF)

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Fri Oct 23 12:34:09 CDT 2009

Hi Gustav --

I'd go for it at least for educational purposes.
But using DI in business apps we develop could be often an overkill AFAIS
now (I can be wrong) - using DI always(?) needs more time to develop and
test - yes, it should pay back well in long run but how often do we have
that "long run" coming into reality?

Here is a link on foundation info:
http://martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html

Trying to be more "ground based" here these days :)

P.S. I suppose it would be a lot of fun to (re-)develop large business apps
using DI and MEF - are there anybody who have funds for such a project? -
ready to go with that here :)