[dba-VB] How to script MS SQL 2005 Database Objects using .NET...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Sat Oct 24 10:26:13 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm wondering how to perform the subject task? - similar to MS SQL
Management Studio:

{{Database}} -> Right-Click -> Tasks -> Generate Scripts.. Etc.

I guess is should be possible to write custom code to get SQL DLL scripts
for a given set of tables, their relationships and triggers?

Is there a ready to use object model for such coding?

Or one have to use system (extended) SPs?

Or..?

I wanted to automate this task.

And I do not want to use third-party tools currently.