[dba-VB] C# - How to access objects in inherited list

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Oct 26 07:51:17 CDT 2009

Just to learn how, I am trying to subclass a generic list class.

My grade calculator previously dimensioned a list and used it.  The syntax to access objects in the
list in that case was MyList{MyIndex].

In my class definition I subclassed my Grades to inherit the list class.

     class clsGrades: List <clsGrade>
     {
     }

Now I need to replace all of the code that previouly referenced MyList[].  However I cannot for the
life of me figure out the syntax.  This[] does not work.  [] by itself does not work.  What is the
name of the list property that [] references?

TIA