[dba-VB] Programming for Windows Mobile 6.x (WM6.x) using .NET Framework/VS 2008-2010

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 12:29:19 CDT 2010

As Bill said, you're unlikely to have much trouble.

My first real .Net project a couple of years ago was a barcode scanner app
which used SQL Server CE to display and collect inventory information.  The
main programming problem I had was the limited set of properties and methods
which the VS compact edition exposed - even compared to MS Access VBA!   If
I remember correctly, using the windows mobile emulators worked well.

Again, if you've use SQL server, SS CE won't be a problem.  Here is the one
link I can find that may be useful, a good blog and a gateway to the SS CE
world:

http://erikej.blogspot.com/

Finding a good 'generic' phone might be a problem.  I tried to get a
recommendation from a Microsoft Windows Mobile expert at a seminar once, and
he basically shrugged and said that there was no such thing.  I guess you
have to be prepared to start building a collection....

Doug