[dba-VB] Silverlight 5 in 2011

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Dec 6 07:18:57 CST 2010

Thank you, Gustav,

From: dba-vb-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: 6 ??????? 2010 ?. 14:15
To: dba-vb at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [dba-VB] Silverlight 5 in 2011

Hi Shamil

Windows Phone development _is_ Silverlight only. That's why the (wrong)
death rumours last month about Silverlight didn't make much sense.

The phones have been released here but the marketing has been very poor. The
phone company we use doesn't offer it yet so we are a bit reluctant, but my
plan is to obtain these to replace our seven(!) years old T610 veterans.

/gustav

>>> shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru 06-12-2010 11:29 >>>
Hi Gustav --

Yes, I, personally, do plan to start working with Silverlight 4 (I have done
a few rather advanced WPF projects in the past and I liked that technology
and Silverlight is also based on WPF, and has a lot more AFAIU)...

Have you heard what are the plans there in MS on Silverlight and Windows 7
Phone?
Are Windows 7 Phones already available in Denmark? (Not yet here in Russia -
IPhone is everywhere here now...)