[dba-VB] Recent Discussion from MS on VB.Net and C# in VS 2010

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 05:17:12 CDT 2010

> Because you don't build application logic the same way as you speak and
write.

But I do Gustav,
When I am writing a financial proposal I put it in financial terms using
standard terminology and laid out in a specific way.
When I am writing a medical case for funding I put it in medical terminology
and laid out in a specific way.
etc etc
But in all cases, I am using plain language, not interspersed with
unnecessary hieroglyphics which are only there because the people who wrote
the particular compilers for that language wished it to be so, not because
it is necessary- you have only to look at other languages written for other
compilers to know that is so.
Take Stuart's PB. That is an excellent example of easy to read, high level
code which compiles down to executable code - no P code etc.  The reason I,
and many other people, use Access is because of the RAD that it comes with.

Thanks for the F# link, that is very interesting.

max