[dba-VB] Recent Discussion from MS on VB.Net and C# in VS 2010

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 17 00:40:10 CDT 2010

I programmed for a number of years in the best programming language I have
ever seen.

It had the tightest code with the smallest number of Operands. It compiled
code into very small fast executables. When you finished a code group you
just put down a period... now that is simple. The language was called
Clarion and I am sure few have heard of it but I wrote a number of excellent
applications with the product. I have not used it for many years and doubt
whether it even exists now.

Times move on... all languages fade and disappear but there are always new
great languages coming along. (Except C which is such a dumb language that
it does not even check its variable types... if you hear of a stack-overflow
rest assured someone has been programming in C again.) I think the .Net
frame work is great because it has so many flavours. If you get bored with
one flavour just pick another. I have a friend who is raving about
Eiffel.Net?? (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms973898.aspx)

Jim