[dba-VB] Unusual VB Request

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Feb 20 06:07:16 CST 2011

I'd say you are SOOL.

Initially it didn't make sense needing a IP address *and* Hostname  to get an OS Username
so I did a bit of googling.

The key was .psdi

It appears that psdi classes are implementations of an Interface to the IBM's (originally
PSDI's) java based Maximo Asset Management System.

I'd guess that the function is looking at the Maximo database which is running on Hostname
to find out if someone is logged into it from the workstation at IP address and returniing the
username if there is someone logged in.

Without knowing a lot more about the internals of Maximo, there is no way to come up with
an independent way of getting this information

It is the same as asking who if anyone on workstation xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is logged into an SQL
Server instance.   You need to know how that information is stored inside the the RDBMS,
how to gain access to that data and how to extract it.

--
Stuart