[dba-VB] FYI: Agile: Mik Kersten - I think we are ready for another revolt...

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Wed Jan 19 00:53:51 CST 2011

Hi All,

FYI: http://www.infoq.com/interviews/kersten-tasktop

"Mik Kersten discusses the role of Mylyn and Tasktop in
Agile development and how these tools return control
to developers. Also: how Mylyn streamlines development
in Eclipse.

The Agile movement, or the Agile community kind of was founded by
programmers,
and again going back the XP in specific, who were just tired of being
treated
the low end of the management chain. So as the programmers revolt and
a lot of people have thought that the Agile community has been taken over
by Scrum and by management and they are dumping on programmers just
as much as before and it got to the point that the software craftsmanship
movement was again the programmers revolting.

I think we are ready for another revolt. That is a really interesting
observation."