[dba-VB] How hard are reports like this?

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Jan 4 09:06:25 CST 2012

Hi John --

Your sample page

http://demos.buyerlogic.com/aleve/admin/report.aspx

is an ASP.NET page - if you'll check its source you'll see

<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE"  ...

with pure HTML contents - you can generate such a page using a one ASP.NET page with C#/VB.NET code behind or embedded code (e.g. http://ganeshmohan.wordpress.com/aspnet-and-c-generate-html-controls-dynamically/).

As Gustav noted the data for this report probably come from web site's log files or web site's back-end db log tables.

That should be easy job for you - take it!

... or pass to somebody here :)

Thank you.

-- Shamil