[dba-VB] How hard are reports like this?

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 4 05:48:12 CST 2012

 > Not quite sure what your question is?

Me either.

This is the same client as the database from hell.  The website and this report were farmed out to a
web site development company who has since been dismissed.  It looks like I might be able to get the
work developing reports such as these.  I haven't seen the code that generates the report but I am
told by someone without a clue that it is done in "DotNet".

So I have no idea whether that is in fact the case but I suspect it is because this person without a
clue has been talking to a programmer brought in to tweak (or perhaps finish) the report.  The deal
is that this programmer has a day job and doesn't sound as if he really wants to be involved with
tweaking / finishing this report but is doing so "as time permits" as a favor to his cousin.

Since there is a development void, I want to examine stepping in as the developer here.  So is there
a .Net environment used for this kind of thing?  Is that ASP.Net?  I see C# Asp.Net projects which
perhaps is used for building the web site itself, and maybe the report itself.

I will know more today sometime.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away