[dba-VB] ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Razor and Open Source - ScottGu's Blog

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Fri Mar 30 23:44:35 CDT 2012

This comparison is a bit misleading though, as you have simplified a lot of things into "C# and XAML", while, in the case of ASP.NET MVC, you have been more explicit. But, in any event, this feels like comparing apples and oranges. Silverlight was not designed to be an markup language designed to be used in the same way that HTML/CSS (and JS) is used. WPF is  something else altogether. And ASP.NET MVC should, like any good framework, do a lot of the grunt work for you anyways (at least, I hope it does).

Let's also not forget that SL is a Microsoft technology, which is under their control and effectively forces everyone to use Microsoft tech to build anything. This defeats what has made the web so great.

Hans