[dba-VS] Report Writing via Visual Studio

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Tue Aug 4 13:16:53 CDT 2015

All,

I have been using Microsoft Access for a lot of report writing tasks for the past 5+ years.

I am now starting to look at Visual Studio for possible desktop and web applications.

I have downloaded Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition and have written a couple of small VB and C# programs.

I sort of expected to find a Visual Studio report writer that was as good as the Access report writer.  So far, I have not had much luck.  Is there a good report writer in VS or is this obtained via some sort of add-on product.

Thanks,
Brad