[dba-VS] Microsoft Action Pack Subscription benefits

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Fri Dec 18 08:40:56 CST 2015

 Hi Jim --

Thank you but it looks like I'm destined to stay with MS Windows and MS Office 265 and MS Azure :) - read: no time to learn Linux-only technologies - the ones coming these days from MS are consuming all the working and even free time....

BTW, do you know that Docker and nodejs are becoming "native development and deployment" tools for Visual Studio ?

Visual Studio 2015 Tools for Docker - November Preview
http://tinyurl.com/p4geu39
  Node.js Tools for Visual Studio
http://tinyurl.com/p38d32o

-- Shamil

>Friday, December 18, 2015 1:19 AM -07:00 from Jim Lawrence <accessd at shaw.ca>:
>
>Hi Gustav and Shamil:
>
>I just read this article and wonder if it is timely. OwnCloud and Collabora Announce LibreOffice Online for your ownCloud Server. This is a product similar to 365 Office, also fully featured but can be setup within an office network or on a home managed Cloud server, on the network, or across the internet.
>
>http://bit.ly/1TTsplq
>
>Here is a description and video describing the features:
>
>http://bit.ly/1NAZCOP
>
>Aside: Have been using Google Docs to edit a book and it worked out very well. Sometime in the spring...but for now a full beta version can downloaded. We have been using our OwnCloud for passing pictures, managing the group calender, playing music anywhere and transferring documents back and forth.
>
>https://www.collaboraoffice.com/code/
>
>It also seems that Western Digital and OwnCloud are getting together to create a simple network plugin Cloud server for the price of a 1 TB WD hard drive and a Raspberry PI 2 with OwnCloud and an OS pre-intalled.
>
>http://bit.ly/1NsHTuW
>
>Jim

<<< skipped >>>