[dba-VS] VS2015 doesn't have Silverlight Business Application template. Period.

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Oct 11 08:14:03 CDT 2015

 Hi All --

FYI: VS2015 doesn't have Silverlight Business Application template.

When I have opened my VS2012 SL5 Business Application project in VS2015 it reported 297 (two hundreds ninety seven) compile time errors. The errors are mainly of type

Errors CS0234 The type or namespace name 'x' does not exist in the namespace 'y' (are you missing an assembly reference?) (Comment - there are no any references missing when I'm checking projects' references).

What is interesting to note even with these errors the project is getting built into SL5 executable xap file, web site part is also compiled and built well - and all stuff runs...
--
Салахетдинов Шамиль