[dba-VS] Part II: Cross-posted from dba-OT: MVVM explained - looking for English language heavy review/revision, and technical review

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Sep 6 15:24:24 CDT 2015

I'm working on a set of projects using MS technologies such as
WPF, SilverLight, ASP.NET, WinForms to name a few, and I'm trying
to get through what 'Model View ViewModel (MVVM)' -
http://tinyurl.com/onfyb9b software design pattern really is,
how to apply/implement it properly first of all in WPF and SilverLight
projects development.
And I have found that there is *no* simple explanations of the
MVVM software design pattern - a few pretending to be simple ones
are, in my opinion, actually confusing the things. So I have
decided to make a simple MVVM software design pattern description
for myself and I wanted to share this description with you in a
form of essay, well just kidding about the form of writing style of the text,
which follows. Please feel free for review/revise the text as heavy as
you can - actually I'm open to hear any comments, which are allowed
to be posted here. If you'll find I'm confusing the things with MVVM
software design pattern description/explanation even more, or I'm
mixing MVVM with MVP (http://tinyurl.com/qdfzj7x) and MVC
(http://tinyurl.com/bprqlzw) software design patterns, please
comment on that also.
Let's start.
About MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) abbreviation
I'd better call it
- 'View-ViewModel-Model' -> VVMM, or
- 'Model-ViewModel-View' -> MVMV.
What is your opinion?