[dba-VS] Visual Studio Community

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jul 15 01:21:30 CDT 2018

Hi Paul --

Have a look:

"Visual Studio Community 2017: Free, fully-featured IDE for students, open-source and individual developers."
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/community/

So if you're an individual developer{/entrepreneur)  you seems to have the right to use VS 2017 Community for commercial development.
But check if there are no special rules to have at least VS 2017 Prof. to distribute your apps via MS Windows AppStore.

-- Shamil

>Friday, June 29, 2018 9:17 AM +03:00 from Paul Hartland via dba-VS <dba-vs at databaseadvisors.com>:
>
>To all,
>
>I used Visual Studio Express 2015 to develop/maintain a couple of little
>applications for use with the company I work for, am I right in assuming I
>can install Visual Studio Community to carry on developing/maintaining
>these applications ?
>
>I have read the licensing terms and it seems that I can, anyone know of any
>other restrictions ?
>

>--
>Paul Hartland
>paul.hartland at googlemail.com