[AccessD] Public Variables in a Report

Thu Aug 7 11:21:13 CDT 2003

One important distinction to note about code modules behind forms and
reports is that these modules are Class modules, not "Standard" modules. So
any "public" variables declared in them can only be accessed using
Object.Variable notation. Whereas if you declare a public variable in a
standard module you can simply refer to it by name anywhere else in the
project. The reason for the difference is that public variables in a form
module are actually members of the form's class, not stand alone variables.

As yet another wrinkle to be aware of, you cannot directly reference
anything in a form, instead you have to do it via the Forms collection:
which is a collection of all OPEN forms. So to do what you want the syntax
would be...

Me.hours111 = Forms("frmpayroll").f_shift_hours3 +
Forms("frmpayroll").f_shift_hours2 + Forms("frmpayroll").f_shift_hours1

HTH

Lambert