[AccessD] OT: SQL Server 6.5

Randall Anthony ranthony at wrsystems.com
Fri Feb 21 11:12:00 CST 2003

Howdy, group.

I've just encountered a strange problem with a remote server that was
working perfectly well.  I'm running SQL Server 6.5 on a Windows NT machine,
SP 6.  My backups and data transfers are failing with:
"The SQLExecutive service is not currently running on server 'XYZ'.  This
prevents task 'Backup Data' from being run'.

Under the Server Manager, SQL Executive shows a green light.  I can start
and stop this process.  Under system Services, SQLExecutive is set to
automatic and is started.  What gives?
ps.  I have rebooted this server also.

Randy @ ext. 473