[AccessD] Should I use an adp or an mdb

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 03:19:07 CST 2009

William said..
>...I'm still on A2k3 and have refused a number of A2k7 inquiries.
>...I never made the move to ado ...I tried it and it seemed slow and
limited in comparison to dao against mdb be's which was all I used at the
time >...and now that I'm playing with SQL Server be's I still much prefer
using dao.

Couldn't agree more.  A2K7 is horrible but I persevere with it on my laptop
because it forces me to stumble my way around it but even previously simple
tasks when developing forms requires me to keep switching back and forth
between different ribbons just to get the option I want.

With regards to ADO, it lacks the properties visibility that you get from
DAO.  For that reason I'm out!

Max