[dba-Tech] Slipstream WinXP/SP2

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Mon Jan 31 11:48:21 CST 2005

Try this link:
http://www.windowsmarketplace.com/prices.aspx?ItemId=909271

John B.

-----Original Message-----
From: dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:dba-tech-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Admin Sparky
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 11:29 AM
To: dba-tech at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: [dba-Tech] Slipstream WinXP/SP2

Greetings,

I read an interesting article a month or so ago about creating a WinXP
disk that includes SP2.    The process is called slipstreaming.  I
would like to try this process because in that same magazine I read that, on
average, a new machine need only be connected to the internet for about 4
minutes before being infected by something.

I have an existing OEM CD sans any SP, but recently purchased a
"sticker-only" license.  I went to M$ in the hopes of downloading SP2, but
to no avail.  It seems, to the casual user, as though M$ will only deliver
the software via the windows update service.

I'm hoping that a few of you network admin types can point me in the right
direction.

Many thanks.

Mark