[dba-Tech] Problem After New MoBo Installed

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 13:06:56 CDT 2007

On 10/14/07, John Bartow <john at winhaven.net> wrote:

> You should be able to run an install - repair option (not the recovery
> option). It will then use the new drivers. Unless you are using an OEM

That's what I finally did at 10 last night, a repair :(

I'm now on hour 5 of downloading and installing the updates :( 59 to
get to the point where I could download and install SP2. SP2
installed. Now 60 more post SP2 and still going. <sheesh> Why couldn't
they just make 1 big update for folks like me.

> Because its the MOBO you will most likely have to re-activate XP (no big
> deal).

It hasn't asked me to do that yet. But we're still not done :(

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"