[AccessD] SQL verses system features

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Aug 19 12:51:28 CDT 2003

Hi Susan,
To answer you question, IIRC...

No, the ability to join on non-key columns is not one of those little
nusances of Jet and T-SQL - well, since it says nusance(sic) and not nuance
I guess that's an opinion :o)

Yes, ANSI SQL (as far back as ANSI SQL Level 2 aka SQL '89) supports joins
on non-keyed columns.

John B.

PS:
ANSI SQL Joins create a new table of results by connecting one or more
columns in common.
ANSI SQL Keys (candidate, primary , foreign) are used to build referential
integrity.
ANSI SQL Indexes enhance performance (if used properly).