[AccessD] OT: joy in muddville

John Colby jcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Jul 10 14:33:13 CDT 2003

Drew,

I do exactly that as well with my computers, put in a new one and then add
back in the old HD as drive D: (or whatever).  The data is there and no "you
deleted that" stuff.  In the case of my Laptop I have always just xcopied
the entire disk structure off to my desktop's hard disk.  Since it was only
3.5 GB that worked well enough.  Start the copy and go to bed.

Fortunately in this case I had reformatted / re-installed a few months ago
in a desperate attempt to get a little more stuff crammed in, so there
really is nothing left on the old drive that is critical.

John W. Colby
www.colbyconsulting.com