[AccessD] workgroup file (Sec Poll spin-off)

Erwin Craps Erwin.Craps at ithelps.be
Thu Nov 13 08:40:22 CST 2003

I believe I'm not with with you....

First, to set thing strait. It's only in our office for develepmont I'm
speaking.

Second.
You mean you have a shorcut that starts msaccess.exe with /workgroup
xxx?
Problem with that is that you need a hard path to msaccess.exe and hard
paths is something I try to avoid.
I always use roaming profiles and hard paths can problematic.
I supose solutions are out there, but I already played alot with them
and they are often OS dependent.

You know, Gustav, It's not that a big deal...
It's rarely I do a repair...

And I don't use workgroups anymore at customer sites.
I use the network user name and match them with the users in the
database (user management based on tables/forms).
If a network user is unkown in the database it exits instantly (after a
msgbox).

Erwin