[AccessD] How to prevent a mess

Steven W. Erbach serbach at new.rr.com
Mon Nov 3 15:10:57 CST 2003

David,

Thanks for staying in step with me on this.

>> just a computer with NT 4.0 or > higher (Windows XP pro may even work) <<

Hah! When I helped my client network his desktops and wireless laptops a couple of weeks ago, I recommended that all the PCs be upgraded to XP Professional. No such luck...they're all (except for one ME) XP Home. However, I think I can persuade him to kick in for an upgrade on his main system to get this remote replication thing operational. I will indeed check out the indirect synchronization thing.

>> internet synchronization doesn't work with firewalls etc <<

Interesting. So putting an Access BE up on a web host would pretty much put it out of reach since the web host is bound to have a router, right?

Thanks,

Steve Erbach
Neenah, WI