[AccessD] POLL: Access Security

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 07:51:10 CST 2003

4.5

Had to fool with it once on a legacy app and got around it.  But it was a
big PITA.

I generally roll my own by having the user log in with a password.  They get
one of three levels of access to the whole system - 1) read only, 2)
read/write, 3) admin.  I put their access level in a global variable.  Each
form has to check the access level then to see if they are allowed to do a
certain function.  So far, the three levels have been adequate and no one
except for one client has wanted function of field level control.

Rocky