[AccessD] Project Official Start

Tom tomadatn at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 1 10:15:51 CDT 2003

Just say no.  However if you can't ...

>if the client cannot approve it, he has to specify in writing exactly
>what is missing according to the specs

This is a big - big deal here.  Your having to go back to the specs and
rethink everything is a bummer - time waster - and a crock.

I usually ask for this each step of the way - as I stage my projects.
I define what's released and ready for them to test each step of
the way - they have 1 week to test and submit a list of problems.

I'm usually lenient on letting them add stuff until the final submission.
Then
their list becomes IT!!!! and I work through all the items.

Be sure to mark new and revised requirements as such and put on a change
order that is outside the cost and time deadline.

Document each step thoroughly and keep 3 1/2 copies at least.

Also make sure you're getting paid in stages.

After all this, they will still try to screw you.  Be afraid.  Be very
afraid.