[AccessD] increasing database size

Rocky Smolin - Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 14 17:15:49 CST 2004

Pedro:

Before going any further I would remove all of the row sources from the
combo boxes and load the form.  If it loads real fast then the slowdown is
in the combo boxes.  If not it's somewhere else so you won't have to go
through a lot of gyrations with them for no good purpose.

If it is the combo boxes then you can use Colby's (I think?) trick of
the GotFocus event of the combo box if there's no row source, then you load
it at that point.

You can store the Row Source in the Tag and then:

Private Sub cboBuilding_GotFocus()
    If cboBuilding.RowSource = "" Then
        cboBuilding.RowSource = cboBuilding.Tag
        cboBuilding.Requery