[AccessD] OT: The Great Primary Debate

Arthur Fuller artful at rogers.com
Fri Jun 4 20:22:11 CDT 2004

>> Everyone misses the point that fundamentally, relational theory has
nothing to do with computers per say. (sic)

I don't want to break your mold, but I most emphatically DO NOT agree
with your casigation. IMO relational theory has NOTHING to do with
actual implementations or relational databases or any such physical
crap. It has ONLY to do with logic.

So please don't be so casual with that "Everyone" phrase. Personally, I
find it hurtful. I'm a philosophy major by discipline, and databases are
one instance of a set of rules.

Please don't castigate us all because our intellectual skin colour
diffes from yours.

Thank you,
Arthur