[AccessD] Accessing data in secured mdb from another secured mdbon a different workgroup

MarkH lists at theopg.com
Thu Nov 18 15:32:43 CST 2004

Greg

1) Both mdw files were created independantly and both backends are fully
secured (I do have full access on each)
2) I was hoping to avoid merging the workgroups, but if I have to then
luckilly one has less than ten users
3) A temporary unsecured database is out of the question unfortunately
due to the nature of the data

... I have read, since posting my original message, that the desired
result "could" possibly be achieved by creating an access application
variable within one of the front-ends that uses a connection string to
the other backend which includes workgroup and login details. I would
like to avoid this as it seems clumsy, haven't tried it yet though...

Looks like merging the two mdw's will be the best bet... Never mind :O)

Thanks very much for the suggestions

Mark