[AccessD] VBExpress videos

Josh McFarlane darsant at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 11:11:16 CDT 2005

On 7/22/05, Charlotte Foust <cfoust at infostatsystems.com> wrote:
> I use two and put the solution explorer, properties window, etc. on the
> second.  A couple of other developer stretch the interface across the
> two monitors, which drives me nuts when I try to find anything on their
> screen!  I admit that it is handy for VS.Net, but I think dual monitors
> are useless for any other purpose except testing.
>
> Charlotte Foust

I hate that fact that there's no easy way to make it span two monitors
without disjoining them. On Access, I leave the VB window up on one
monitor and the form view on another. Helps with keeping the code tied
to reality sometimes.

In VS.Net, for a single application it's pointless for me to develop
in two monitors (granted, I can make the code window bigger by
dragging the solution explorer, etc to the other window, but nothing
increased productivity wise.

Now, when I'm looking code up online to help debug our programs, the
2nd monitor's extra space keeps from Alt-tabbing.

For a developer, 2nd monitors make things simpler if you're using good
programs. Maybe 2005 will allow us better dual monitor support.

--
Josh McFarlane

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-Albert Einstein