[AccessD] Change ODBC timeout default query property

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Aug 22 09:41:13 CDT 2006

Hi Patricia

You can set that property using DAO:

  CurrentDb.QueryDefs("qdyYourQuery").ODBCTimeout = 600

Of course, to carry this out create a loop that somehow filters only those querydefs that have to be modified.

/gustav

>>> Patricia.O'Connor at otda.state.ny.us 22-08-2006 15:46:57 >>>
Hi all

Is there a way to set the ODBC timeout default  in the query properties
from 60 to 6000 permanently?  Most of our work is against our ORACLE
databases, some Foxpro, and SqlServer. For every new query we do we have
to remember to reset this before running otherwise we get a timeout.
Does not matter how easy or hard the query is, If it isn't at least 600
then poof it stops.  One person said that it would cause their MDB to
corrupt but I haven't had that problem.

The OPTIONS ADVANCED does not do this.  I have looked almost everywhere
but can't find out how to change the default.  This would be for 2k or
2k3.
Any help appreciated

Thanks

* Patricia O'Connor