[AccessD] OT: Linkdys router, was VPN Connection to another si te

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Jul 20 16:30:46 CDT 2006

On 20 Jul 2006 at 8:48, rusty.hammond at cpiqpc.com wrote:

> Stuart,
>
> On your Linksys router I thought I had the same issue, but under the Router
> IP section, you can  change the Local IP Address of the  router.  If you do
> that, then the DHCP Address range will change to match the local IP address.

They did that, and although the local address was 192.168.100.1, the DHCP
range still showed 192.168.1.____ under start address and only had the
option to enter up to 253 as the number of avaiable addresses.

> If you can't change the local IP address of the router then you need to load
> the latest firmware or get a newer router because this has been available on
> Linksys routers for a few years now.

Yep, probably the supplier trying to sell us old stock that they have had
lying around :-)

--
Stuart